Tuesday 17 April 2012

Image// 2D to 3D to 2D Brief..

Brief//

In response to the drawn image you have created you are required to re- create the image three dimensionally and record the outcome photographically.

This brief will allow you to explore material, environment, scale and form.

Considerations//

THINK VISUALLY. Develop a range of visual solutions to this problem. How many ways can this narrative be recreated?

What scale do you intend to work on? Is the image sequential or static?

Does the photographic process you use reflect the tone of the drawn image?

Practical considerations//

This brief explores both drawing based principles and photographic processes.How can you translate one method to the other and how do you bring them together?

Are there any practical considerations you must consider in terms of how you work and how will you move beyond these?

Background//

The process of documenting methods and how you record/ catalogue/ collect these methods are as important as the final outcomes themselves.

You will rarely produce a piece of work three dimensionally and not have documented it in some form. This documentation is necessary for the image to communicate to an audience.

Mandatory requirements//

All images should be supported by a broad range of visual investigation in the form of design sheets and notebooks.

Deliverables//

One visually resolved 2D to 3D to 2D image submitted on A3.


---------------

The object that I was given was a glove. I then had to think of a verb and an adjective for the glove to communicate this through the 2D to 3D to 2D brief. My verb was unravelling and my adjective was busy.

We had to first draw an image of the object illustrating the verb and adjective.





















This is the image that I drew of my object illustrating the two words.

The idea that I first had was to buy a glove and unravel it and then photograph it. I wanted to unpick the stitching and make it look really messy, but keep the shape of the glove with the fingers so it was still easy to see what it is.



These are some pictures of how I transformed my 2D drawing into a 3D object and have then photographed it. I dont think it works too well because I already had this glove and I had cut the fingers off which makes it less obvious its a glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment