Monday 25 April 2011

OUGD104..End of module evaluation...

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I think that my oberservational skills and my imagination have improved. Throughout this module i have had to look at everything in a different way. It was not about how i saw things or interpreted them, but how others would interpret my work. I think i am learning to communicate better, which i think was the purpose of this module. The workshops allowed me to try new things and develop many skills, such as type and grid which has been handy in the OUDG103 module. The main skill that has been developed is the ways in which i can communicate an idea, i feel like i can be more creative now.

2. What approaches to/ methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

With the what is a line brief, i sourced a lot of primary research, the process to my final piece was all my own work. For the design context part of this brief, i obviously looked at secondary sources for ideas and inspiration. My research was mainly visual, by looking at various landscapes and skylines from different places, as to compare them. Looking at different skylines for the what is a line brief, helped me select a varied array of skylines that worked well together for my final ideas and solutions.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/ will you capitalise on these?

With the what is a line brief, i found it hard to get into to start with, but once i had a solid idea of what i wanted to do, i think it went well. I really liked the style that i started to work in and also the process that i worked in. It works well with the theme of the brief, it is one that i will continue to experiment with past this module.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

During the workshops at the start of the module i think i was a bit rubbish at experimenting with communcating, i found it hard to just think of ideas on the spot. I found that i over complicated my ideas sometimes too, which just made things difficult for myself and resulted in my work not communicating what it was supposed too. With the book fair brief, i think i really struggled. I had really bad time management, when we first got the brief i didnt do any work for it for like 3 weeks, then when it came close to the deadline i hated my design and was really disappointed and embarrassed by it. So a week before deadline i changed my idea and produced something that i had actually put some effort into and i managed to sell a book.

5. Identify 5 things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

- Put all my effort into everything i do, then i cant be disappointed with my work or the grade i get for it, if i do this i can be content with myself knowing that i tried my best.

- Try and think of as many ideas as possible, it doesnt matter if they dont work, at least i would have tried them. This will improve my creativity and make me more confident with my ideas.

- Stop procastinating as il get more work done.

- Research more, it is so important, i need to look at work that i aspire to be like and work that is relevant to the brief, as it will help me to understand my work and communicate it effectively.

- Seek help when i need it, sometimes i find it hard to ask for help and advice with my work. If i have a problem i need to ask for help or the quality of my work could be jepardised.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas? 1= poor, 5= excellent

- Attendance: 4
- Punctuality: 4
- Motivation: 3
- Commitment: 3
- Quality of work produced: 4
- Quantity of work produced: 3
- Contribution to the group: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment