Sunday 7 October 2012

OUGD301 Chosen brief Rationales

Here are my rationales for my chosen briefs for this Design Practice module

Brief One// Puffin Wind in the willows

- An illustrative investigation of childrens books with a focus on retail.
- A design for print investigation of illustration with a focus on childrens books.
- An illustrative investigation of childrens books with a focus on design for print.
- A design for print investigation of childrens book covers with a focus on illustration.
- A childrens illustration investigation of retail design with a focus on design for print.

An design for print investigation of illustration with a focus on children's books. I am going to design illustrative book covers and other print based designs for retail based on the children's classic The Wind in The Willows because this will allow me to develop my illustration skills and apply them to a range of outcomes.

My product is a set of children's illustrations for the children's classic story The Wind in The Willows. The range will be a set of book covers (at least five), book marks, posters and shop signage. The distribution for this brief will include children's books, e books, web, gift bags and shop signage.

Brief Two// Confectionery branding

- A branding and identity investigation of confectionery retail with a focus on packaging and promotion.
- A design for packaging investigation of confectionery retail with a focus on branding and promotion.
- A design for print investigation of confectionery branding with a focus on packaging.
- A brand and identity investigation of packaging with a focus on confectionery promotion.
- A packaging investigation of confectionery brands with a focus on new product promotion.

A design for print investigation of confectionery branding with a focus on packaging. I am going to brand and promote a new confectionery brand because this will allow me to develop my brand and identity skills along with my packaging and promotion skills.

The product I will be creating is the branding and identity for the confectionery brand, this includes a logo. The range will include a variety of confectionery items like chocolate bars, bags of sweets etc and the distribution will be the packaging, gift bags, shop signage and a website.

Brief Three// VW Beetle

- A print based investigation of car retail with a focus on publication.
- A design for print investigation of promotional publications with a focus on car retail.
- A promotional publication investigation of car retail with a focus on design for print.
- A type and layout investigation of printed publications with a focus on car retail.
- A print based investigation of car retail promotion publications with a focus on type and layout.

A print based investigation of car retail promotion with a focus on publication. I am going to promote the new VW Beetle using print based methods, I am doing this because it will develop my design for print skills, type and layout, illustrative skills and working on something out of my current comfort zone.

The product will be a promotional piece for the new VW Beetle. The range I can apply this to is a publication, magazine ads and a moving image. My methods of distribution include mailouts, retail environment and the web.

Brief Four// Origami

- A paper crafting investigation of self promotion with a focus on branding and identity.
- A branding and identity investigation of self promotion with a focus on design for print.
- A print based investigation of self promotion with a focus on Origami.
- An Origami investigation of design for print with a focus on self promotion.
- A design for print investigation of self promotion with a focus on Origami.

A design for print investigation of self promotion with a focus on Origami. I am going to use the art of Origami to explore ways in which I can promote myself using print, I am going to do this because it will help me to promote myself as a designer in a unique way.

The product will be my self branding and identity. The range will be a creative CV, a business card, letterheads, portfolio and a website. The distribution will include mailouts, email and website.


No comments:

Post a Comment