Wednesday 8 February 2012

Design for digital// OUGD202 END OF MODULE SELF EVALUATION..

1// What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

During this module I feel as though I have learnt so much and developed a whole new range of skills. The  main skills I have developed through this module are my After Effects skills. Before this module I had never used after effects, it was all new to me. I have learnt many techniques like how to make imagery and text move in many different ways, how to add audio and edit it on a timeline. I have also gained a better understanding of how storyboards and timelines work and their importance in motion graphics. I have used this new skill and understanding in my final sequences which has helped me to communicate my ideas to others and prepare myself for after effects.

I feel that my time management has improved a lot throughout this module. To start with, I wont lie it took me a while to get into it, but now looking back I feel I have tried really hard and managed to manage my time effectively in order to get everything done on time. It is such a good feeling being organised.

2// What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

With the Top 10 brief I feel that I changed my design approach quite a bit because I couldnt think of a solid idea that I liked and would enjoy doing. In the end I came up with a design approach that suited me and the way in which I work. I tried to keep my designs simple, not to be lazy but because it is a design approach that I enjoy working with and looking at. My final sequences are light hearted and fun and the movements in them are also simple, but it works so well. When it came to the point of which I didnt have a solid idea, I start to panic, but its not until I look at pieces of design that inspire me that I remember I need to work in a way that suites me and not worry what everyone else is doing.

I think that I have become a lot better at drawing out my ideas before I try and do a final piece, the storyboarding process has helped me to understand the importance of getting all your ideas down first before getting stuck into a final outcome. It has allowed me to step back and look at a range of ideas before I settle on one to pursue with.

3// What strengths can you identify in your work and how will you capitalise on these?


I think that the my biggest strength that has developed through this module is the fact that I can look at my work and be so proud of what I have done. I have thoroughly enjoyed this module, especially the Top 10 brief. Its not very often I want to show off my work, but with my final sequences I couldnt wait to show everyone!

Other strengths include my pre-production skills, I am a lot better at drawing out ideas and evaluating them. I have also got better at research as I think before this was a weakness of mine, but I have tried to improve through this module. Time management is another, being organised makes me less stressful as much as I do love working under pressure. I think these are all important skills and strengths that I should continue to improve on during the course as they are very important things.

4// What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?


As I said before I have become a lot better at time management but one downfall is still blogging. I am getting better at this but I do feel like I still leave some stuff to the last minute. I think that I could have done my silent movie a bit better because some of them I didnt spend that much time on them.

5// Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


1. Keep up to date with all of my blogging: If I can keep on top of this then I wont have any last minute stresses just before deadline.

2. Try and research more: I know I said I am getting better at it but I feel that you can never research too much and I need to do more.

3. Generate more ideas: Every time I get an idea I should be jotting it down and I know I didnt always do this in this module. This will give me more choice when deciding on final outcomes and it also pushes me to think outside of the box.

4. Ask for help more when I need it: I did ask for a lot of help through this module especially Studio Brief Two, but I feel like some parts of my sequences fell short of some amazing techniques because I was too lazy to ask for help. You dont get if you dont ask!

5. Never doubt my work: I have started to become more confident in the work I produce but sometimes I still doubt myself, I need to stop worrying about everyone elses work and what they are doing. The reason I am on this course is to develop my own skills and enjoy myself!

Attendance: 3
Punctuality: 4
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 4
Quantity of work produced: 4
Quality of work produced: 4
Contribution to the group: 4













No comments:

Post a Comment