We are asked, as a pair, to pick two briefs that we liked and one that we didnt. Me and Lisa had a selection of briefs that we personally liked/ disliked, so we looked through our selection and picked out the three briefs.
The two briefs we liked were the Heinz Salad cream one and the Marks and Spencers brief and the one that we didnt like was the SEGA brief. We were then asked to make 5 points about each one on why we did or didnt like it.
Heinz Salad Cream//
- We both had a personal relation to it, as we both liked salad cream.
- There was an open outcome, which gaves us the opportunity to use digital or print.
- The brief is light hearted and fun.
- The research will be interesting and fun to do, there are lots of Heinz campaigns we can look at.
- It will be a challenge because we will have to make the brand appeal to a younger target audience.
Marks and Spencers//
-A broad target audience means we can choose who we target at.
- Comfort with considerations like colour.
- Interesting to research the M&S food.
- Design development for the final outcome will be interesting.
- Can relate to it and already start to come up with ideas.
SEGA// (The brief we dont like)
- The subject which is sport and football.
- Neither of us have a connection or relation to the subject matter.
- Never played a SEGA football manager game.
- Would be challenging to become interested in researching the topic and hard to get motivated.
- No relevance to how we want to develop as Graphic Designers.